"The importance of intellectual property rights and their positive effect on economic performance emerge more and more clearly. Research and innovation, not only of the purely technical aspects, but also of the commercial and marketing features and of the corporate image, significantly contribute to the company's prosperity, creating a virtuous circle. Especially in a global economy, the protection of distinctive signs, even on the Internet, becomes increasingly crucial to enable the company to stand out and differentiate itself from competitors."
Legalitax’s professionals offer to both Italian and foreign clients a specialized expertise in the legal assistance, both Extra-judicial, in all aspects of intellectual property law (copyright, trademarks, patents, designs and models, geographical indications and designations of origin, unfair competition and know-how). Legalitax also provides legal assistance in advertising and consumer law.
Clients assisted by Legalitax operate in a wide range of businesses, notably in design, publishing, fashion, records and movie industries, software and mechanics.
The main areas of activity include:
• negotiation and drafting of all types of agreements for the commercial exploitation of intellectual property rights (license agreements, assignments, franchising agreements, technology transfer agreements, publishing agreements etc.)
• drafting of legal opinions and counselling activity
• legal representation before Italian courts (both in ordinary and interim measures proceedings) and before Italian and foreign arbitration courts
• assistance in administrative proceedings of opposition against applications for trademark registration and in invalidity proceedings
• consulting and assistance in alternative dispute resolution proceedings for the resolution of conflicts between domain names and distinctive signs before the appropriate national and international bodies (WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Centre, Italian Registration Authority etc.)
• antipiracy activity, including assistance in the proceedings before customs.
By making available its know-how, Legalitax supports its clients in the management and commercial exploitation of the portfolio of intangible assets, accompanying them in entrepreneurial and strategic decisions and providing transnational legal assistance.