"The Energy sector is truly multidisciplinary and in continuous evolution. Therefore our professionals need to be constantly updated and have in-depth knowledge of the specific regulations for this sector and those which are critical to the “bankability” of the relative projects."
Legalitax has set up a special business unit made up of lawyers and tax experts.
This combination of varied yet complementary expertise means our firm can guarantee its clients benefit from comprehensive consultancy services for each individual transaction in its specific sector and all the necessary support to structure various transactions in the most suitable and efficient way.
Legalitax’s Energy department works alongside its clients on both a national and international level for M&A, joint venture and private equity transactions by providing consultancy services on the following:
- Commercial and financial contract matters
- Regulatory matters
- Investment in the energy efficiency sector and relative project financing
- Fiscal, financial and legal due diligence concerning the administrative law matters, regulatory, environmental. Civil, company and financing aspects typically involved in transactions in this sector.
- Drafting and negotiating for the main agreements required for electrical energy and gas matters (such as import agreements, transport, trading, sales to consumers, trade-off, take or pay and tolling agreements)
- Drafting and negotiation of project agreements (EPC, O&M, SLA agreements)
- Non-competition law specific to this sector, management of interaction with all the relative authorities and assistance with litigation arising from negative outcome of the same
- Administrative litigation including assistance and legal counsel caused by negative provisions issued by the sector authorities (AEEG, AGCM, GSE, etc.)
- Assistance with preparation for and participation in public tenders
- Fiscal and tax consultancy services including assistance for agricultural companies carrying out business connected to the production of electrical energy from renewable sources.