Civil law litigation
Trade associations and Trade unions
Degree cum laude in Law from the University of Palermo
“Dott. Carlo Manzoni” degree prize awarded from the Bocconi University, Milan, for the best degree thesis, academic year 1998/1999
Bar of Palermo (2002)
Giovanna Cosenz is a lawyer at Legalitax and focuses on civil law and non-profit matters.
She provides consultancy services, extrajudicial and judicial legal advice, focusing on:
- Drawing up legal opinions on non–profit and civil law matters
- Assistance with the procedures required to set up non-profit organisations
- Assistance with the procedures required for the acknowledgement of legal status and registration on the Non-profit Organisation Register (Anagrafe Unica delle Onlus) or with other professional associations or registers (eg: voluntary organisations, social progress associations etc.
- Drawing up Articles of Association
- Regulations and reports
- Agreement matters
- Consultancy services concerning preparation of governance strategies for non-profit organisations
- Assistance with extraordinary transactions for non-profit organisations
- Legal assistance with civil law and corporate law matters
Judicial activities include:
- Preparation of legal deeds, including deeds for the Court of Cassation
- Defence and judicial assistance before civil law judges and arbitration procedures
Giovanna Cosenz has published various articles on non-profit and civil law matters in technical journals and collaborated, as an external consultant, with the office which coordinates non-profit organisations (Agenzia per le Organizzazioni non Lucrative di Utilità Sociale) which then became the Office for the Third Sector (Agenzia per il Terzo Settore), for the Lazio Region (Assessorato Affari Istituzionali, Enti Locali e Sicurezza e per il FORMEZ - Dipartimento della Funzione Pubblica).
Giovanna Cosenz worked on the legal team at CBA Studio Legale Tributario (2003-2012) and became an associate in 2008.
Before moving to Rome she worked at the legal office for the receivership of the Istituto di Credito Sicilcassa S.p.A. (2001- 2003) and at a leading law firm in Palermo, specialising in civil law and litigation (1999-2001).